Ayto de León

Building designed by Juan del Ribero Rada in 1584. It was extended and refurbished in the 1960s, after the demolition of the neighbouring Teatro Principal. The northeast side is the only part of the original building, designed according to the principles of classical Renaissance design. The main stairway leading to the conference halls contains two murals by Vela Zanetti and a stained glass window by Luis García Zurdo.