Leon is a city full of charm, and if anyone were to ask for the magic formula that makes it so special, we’d say it’s a combination of factors that gives the city its unique feel.
Choosing a place, a moment or experience to take away with you is not always easy, but we’ve selected a few places that any visitor to Leon simply must not miss.
Here’s just a few of the things you can do and see:
- The “Romanesque Sistine Chapel”, the Royal Pantheon of San Isidoro takes you on a journey through the identity and history of Leon, an artistic gem that you shouldn’t miss.
- Enter the Cathedral of Leon, because if you think it’s beautiful on the outside, just wait and see what it’s like on the inside, with a collection of stained-glass windows that make for a unique and unforgettable experience.
- The “Casa Botines” designed by Antonio Gaudí, a building that symbolises his creative genius and an exceptional way to experience “Leon by Gaudí”
- Try the flavours of Leon, because one thing you should never miss out on is all the tastes and flavours to be found on every corner; its popular tapas and great atmosphere, and all the expertise and creativity on offer at its many restaurants and hotels. A gastronomic journey from the very best in tradition to new, avant garde ways of interpreting Leonese cuisine.
- Discover Leon’s past at the Roman Leon Interpretation Centre and the Kingdom of Leon Interpretation Centre. Almost two thousand years of history means there’s a lot to discover.
- Walk around the city and find all its nooks and crannies on routes that help you to discover the best-kept secrets of Leon.
There’s so much more, but the best thing to do is to come and see for yourself, there’s only one Leon.